KWADUKUZA MUNICIPALITY TENDER JUNE 2022
CALL FOR PROPOSALS: APPOINTMENT OF PANEL OF SERVICE PROVIDERS-TRAVEL AGENCY FOR A THREE YEAR PERIOD
Tender Number: MN 06-2022
In terms of Chapter 11 of the Municipal Finance Management Act No 56 of 2003, tenders are hereby invited for the above.
The physical address for collection of tender documents is 14 Chief Albert Luthuli Offices, Civic Building (opp ABSA BANK) KwaDukuza upon presentation of a receipt proving prior payment of a non-refundable fee of R240.62 (inclusive of VAT), having been made at the Municipal Finance Directorate, General Justice Mpanza Building, 104 Mahatma Gandhi Street, KwaDukuza. (Cash only). Tender documents will be available from 10h00 on 28 June 2022 . The cut-off time for selling of tender document is 15h00 on the 14TH JULY 2022 . Contact person regarding collection of these documents is Fikile Langa, Tel No: 032 – 437 5502, email: Fikilel@kwadukuza.gov.za and Technical queries may be addressed to Gugu Zikhali Tel No. 032 – 437 5044, email: email@example.com.
A compulsory clarification meeting, with representatives of the Employer, will take place at the KwaDukuza Municipality: PMU Boardroom, Lavoipierre Building, 2 Industria Crescent on 15 JULY 2022 , starting at 10H00. Failure to attend the compulsory clarification meeting will disqualify the tender. Doors to the venue will be closed at 10H00 and the briefing will commence immediately. Late attendance will not be accepted and tenderers will NOT be admitted into the meeting venue. Only those tenderers who are in possession of a tender document shall be permitted to participate in discussion at the compulsory clarification meeting and site inspection. All Bidders need to adhere to COVID19 regulations.
Tenders shall be placed in sealed envelopes, endorsed with TENDER NO. 06/2022 CALL FOR PROPOSALS: APPOINTMENT OF PANEL OF SERVICE PROVIDERS-TRAVEL AGENCY FOR A THREE YEAR PERIOD be placed in the Tender Box at the SCM Municipal Offices, No. 2 Industria Crescent, KwaDukuza, Lavoipierre Building, SCM Offices not later than 12h00 on 2 AUGUST 2022 at which time the tenders will be opened in public. Tenders are to be submitted on the tender documentation provided by the Municipality. Late, electronic, or faxed tenders will not be accepted.
Tenders will be evaluated and adjudicated according to the following criteria: –
- 80/20 preference points system will apply in terms of the Preferential Procurement Regulation. 2017 (B-BBEE Status Level of Contribution – an original or certified copy of the certificate is required).
- Contractor shall be registered on the National Treasury’s Central Supplier Database.
- Council’s Supply Chain Management Policy and other applicable legislations.
- Prices tendered must be firm and inclusive of VAT.
- Contractor shall provide the Municipality with a compliance clearance PIN to verify your tax compliance status.
- A copy of the most recent municipal account / utility bill (Not older than 3 months) in which the business is registered, District municipality (water) and Local municipality (rates, electricity and other) or if the bidder is a tenant then a letter or certificate from the landlord indicating that the levies are not in arrears OR a letter from the ward councillor or an Affidavit stating that the ward in which the business operates is exempted from paying rates, electricity and water.
- The tender offer validity period will be 90 consecutive days
All prospective tenderers will be screened in accordance with the National Treasury’s Defaulters Database.
Council does not bind itself to accept the lowest tender or any tender and reserves the right to accept any part or the whole of any tender. Preference will be given to an EME (exempted micro enterprise) or QSE (qualifying small business enterprise) which is at least 51% owned by black people. The Municipality also reserves the right to call on preferred bidders to form a joint venture with a BEE company.
Canvassing in any form in the gift of Council is strictly prohibited and will lead to the disqualification of the tender. No bids will be considered from the persons in the service of any organ state.